Province of Lecco

Lombardy, Italy

Country:
Region:
Province:
Province of Lecco
Population:
336 310

About Province of Lecco

The Province of Lecco (Italian: province of Lecco; Lecchese: pruincia de Lècch) is a province of the Lombardy region in Italy. Its capital is the city of Lecco.

As of 2017, the province had a population of 337,211 over an area of 805.61 square kilometers (311.05 square miles) divided into 85 municipalities (municipalities).

History

The Province of Lecco was established by the President of the Republic with Decree no. 250 of March 6, 1992. The elections for the appointment of the first President of the Province of Lecco took place on April 23, 1995 (1st round) and May 7, 1995 (outflow). The proclamation of the first president, Mario Anghileri, took place on May 9, 1995.

Geography

The Province of Lecco is located in central and northern Italy. It borders the province of Como to the north and west, the province of Sondrio to the east and north, the province of Bergamo to the east and the province of Monza and Brianza to the south. The province of Lecco has an area of only 805.61 square kilometers (311.05 square miles), with approximately 600 square kilometers (230 square miles) located across the Adda river in Valsassina. The remaining land is located in the Oggionesi, Casatese and Meratese areas, with a further 16 square kilometers (6.2 square miles) belonging to the municipality of Oliveto Lario, located on the other side of Lake Como, in Vallassina, within the Alpine Lecco. 70% of the province is mountainous and the other 30% is hilly. The highest point is Monte Legnone, in the north of the province, 2,609 meters high (8,560 feet), in the center of the spectacular Grigne. To the west, there is the lake of Monte Cornizzolo at 1,240 meters (4,070 feet) and Monte Rai at 1,259 meters (4,131 feet). To the east of the province is Monte Serrada and Resegone di Lecco, 1,875 meters (6,152 feet) with its characteristic shape reminiscent of the teeth of a saw. In the center-south is Monte Barro at 922 meters (3,025 feet), in the Monte Barro Regional Park.

The province contains numerous lakes, with Lake Como and Lake Annone in the municipalities of Garlate and Olginate. To the west, the municipalities of Rogeno, Bosisio Parini and Cesana Brianza overlook Lake Pusiano. There is also an abundance of rivers, including the main river Adda and Lambro, which crosses Costa Masnaga, Rogeno and Nibionno. Other smaller rivers are Molgora, Bévéra, a tributary of the Lambro, the Pioverna which flows in Valsassina and the Varro which flows in Val Varrone.

City of Brianza in the province

Airuno, Annone di Brianza, Barzago, Barzanò, Bosisio Parini, Brivio, Bulciago, Calco, Casatenovo, Cassago Brianza, Castello di Brianza, Cernusco Lombardone, Cesana Brianza, Civate, Colle Brianza, Costa Masnaga, Cremella, Dolzago, Ello, Galbiate, Garlate, Garbagnate Monastero, Imbersago, Valletta Brianza, Lomagna, Merate, Missaglia, Molteno, Montevecchia, Monticello Brianza, Nibionno, Oggiono, Olgiate Molgora, Olginate, Osnago, Paderno d'Adda, Robbiate, Rogeno, Santa Maria Hoè, Sirone, Sirtori, Suello, Valgreghentino, Verderio, Viganò

Complete list of cities

Lecco area

Abbadia Lariana

Ballabio

Civate

Galbally

Lecco

Malgrate

Mandello del Lario

Mortlake

Oliveto Lario

Pescate

Valmadrera

Oggiono area

Annone di Brianza

Bosisio Parini

Cesana Brianza

Colle Brianza

Costa Masnaga

Dolzago

Ello

Garbagnate Monastery

Molteno

Oggiono

Rogeno

Sirone

Suello

Valsassina area

Barzio

Casargo

Cassina V.

Cortenova

Crandola V.

Cremeno

Introbio

Margno

Moggio

Pagnona

Parlasco

Pasturo

premana

Primaluna

Taceno

Area of the San Martino valley

Calolziocorte

Carenno

Erve

Garlate

Monte Marenzo

Olginate

Valgreghentino

Vercurago

Merate area

Airuno

Brivio

Calco

Cernusco L.

Imbersago

Valletta Brianza

Lomagna

Merate

Montevecchia

Olgiate Molgora

Osnago

Paderno d’Adda

Robbiate

Santa Maria Hoè

Verderio

Casatenovo area

Barzago

Barzanò

Bulciago

Casatenovo

Cassago Brianza

Brianza Castle

Cremella

Missaglia

Monticello B.

Nibionno

Sirtori

Viganò

Eastern Lario area

Bellano

Colico

Dervio

Dorio

Esino Lario

Lierna

Perledo

Sueglio

Valvarrone

Varenna

Vendrogno

Source: Wikipedia
Read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Province_of_Lecco